Thursday, April 11, 2019

My Africa


The beautiful faces of my people smile.

For your land is unconquerable.

They may have mocked your life’s,

but all depends on how you now respond.


Can I be left alone to live my life,

For all I do is never gonna be good enough.

Enough of taking me for granted,

for I am as you are too.


Our fathers were mocked long before,

they threw away all they had and followed.

Followed to a land where they knew nothing,

nothing to change for but left abandoned.


If you think democracy was your invention,

Look at how my fathers lived their lives.

They managed to hold down what they could, 

yes not all were good but, to threw all away?


Can I be left to eat the way I choose,

without being told to use your fork and knife, 

let me wash my hand and feed on my ebab,

such culture belongs to me respect it I say.


We have long been deceived for far too long,

as though we amount to nothingness.

But you hauled our men and women then,

to your land as beast of something else.


My Africa rejoice for you are really great.

Look in your morning mirror and smile again,

for no one can quantify you by their word,

Our ancestors surely would want you to be.


I have asked God this very one question,

Could my ancestors all be hauled to hell?

As I sleep so I await His response,

for if God can’t judge then no one should.


My Africa rejoice!

Join hands and rejoice!

You are great people rejoice,

for in your joy, you can do wonders.


Yes your joy were all taken away then,

you can’t mourn forever of their ills.

It is time you look back and take your pride, 

Our ancestral warriors conquered their lands. 


They planted the land of their oppressors,

fed their greed with own life and sweat.

Never were they paid for those injustices,

in greatness remains mocked of today. 


Let not their words define you,

for none knows your real worth but you.

But kept in the innermost of your mind,

goad you to your true glorious height.


No comments:

Post a Comment