Friday, August 30, 2013

LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA

LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA



Dear Mr Honourable President( Nobel Peace Prize Laureate)

Please with all respect I observe your esteemed protocol. I learnt that this  medium sends quicker any intended message without the usual post mail checks which are security bound. I humbly write to you as you ponder on what possible position to take with regard to Syrian government ‘Red Line Crossing’. I am nobody in the scheme of power but inspired by you on both your speeches and the hope you project. Mr President, I value your many contributions though I write from a Sovereign African Country-Land of Madibe.

At your 1st inauguration I remember shading tears of joy while watching you take oat of office and I believe billions did the same all around the world,at which I said ’now status of equality meets liberty’. You were  and still remain the source of hope to which the world hopes to breath sigh of relief,that many years of war can come to and end through different diplomatic steps you have undertaken- a shift from confrontation to engagement. I remember in your many speeches across the continents of the world in which you alluded to this which in turn appealed to both friends and foes alike. This won you hearts and souls, that at the time of you were honoured with Noble Peace Prize, I had I a heated argument with my friends who felt the prize was premature to which I vehemently disagree with as you deserve it.

What has changed you may ask? Yes! A lot has changed. 1st you maintained engagement with the world even when it is difficult to say the lest. I looked at one of your photoes with President Putin of Russian Republic-maybe in one of the summit you two were involved-and I saw an uneasy friendship of which you have pushed so hard to maintain. While the war in Syria was ongoing you drew a ‘Red Line’ an indication of your refusal to be brought into the war. I respect that very approach which in African tradition is a mark of statesmanship, a leader who is impartial. It was a shift from Bush's era, I hope must would applaud you for that.

The red line has being crossed and I believe the second time. I understand the difficulty you must be in considering everything you stand for-to strike or not to. Please this is the reason I write to you, take a deep breath if this works and then give the UN inspectors the chance to announce their finding and then through it a culprit is named, believing no one in the world would not support any action you call people to rally around would fail. Please do not toe the part of war of which its advocates would push harder on you. Let your decision be informed by wisdom and due process of the law, which as a lawyer you know better. What happens moving forward matter to us in this world as every decision rest with you.

I believe there in Syria there is someone of same age even though not of the same color similar to your two daughters-Sasha and Malia-praying for peace and not war,cessation and never confrontation. Hoping you calm the tensed situation.

God Bless You Mr President and I pray He does guide your decision                                            

Yours sincerely

Chidi Celestine  

No comments:

Post a Comment